Sponsored by the California Legislative Black Caucus
The African-American Leaders for Tomorrow (AALT) Program is a four-day long residential summer program that is held on the campus of California State University Dominquez Hills (CSUDH). Ninety students are hand selected to receive leadership training and attend workshops on topics such as the legislative process and civic engagement. Students will be housed on the campus of CSUDH. Meals, program materials, as well as transportation during the conference will be provided at no cost to the participants. For students living outside of Los Angeles & Riverside Counties, transportation to the conference will also be provided based on where you live.
Download the Flyer
- A student, who is currently a sophomore or junior and is in good academic standing as of January 1, 2019.
- Demonstration of leadership potential (i.e. involvement in student government, community leadership or similar activities).
- Current high school transcript. (Include in ZIP or PDF file)
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a school official and one from a community member who is not related to you. (Include in ZIP or PDF file)
- Essay (2 required). (Include in ZIP or PDF file)
- Personal statement and demonstration of leadership
- Photo of the applicant. (Include in ZIP or PDF file)
- Completed Agreements Document. (Include in ZIP or PDF file)
Note - Documents must be submitted in PDF. Photo in JPG/PNG. Special characters in file names, like apostrophes, will cause an error on submission of the form. Please combine all documents into a single compressed file (ZIP) or PDF and upload once.
- February 1, 2019 - Applications will be available.
- April 30, 2019 - Application deadline.
- May 1 – 10, 2019 - Review and Selection Process.
- May 15, 2019 - Students will be notified.
- July 17 – 20, 2019 - The conference will be held on the campus of CSUDH.
For more information, or if you have trouble submitting this form, please contact:
Jannell Jackson at Jannell.Jackson@asm.ca.gov or call (916) 319-2619