The 2023 African-American Leaders for Tomorrow (AALT) application deadline is May 15, 2023. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2023 African-American Leaders for Tomorrow Program takes place from July 19-21 at California State University, Dominguez Hills where students will live in the dorms and eat in the dining commons to enhance the "college" experience.
Applications that will be considered must complete the following:
- Complete registration form
- Email two (2) Essays (personal statement and leadership)
- Upload current high school transcript.
- Email one letter of recommendation: The letter can come from a school official or a community member who is not related to you.
- Upload applicant photo
- Each essay must be typed to include your full name at the top of each page.
- Make sure your response pertains to the questions asked.
- Each response must be a minimum of 300 words and no more than 500 words.
* Essay One: Leadership
Discuss your leadership ability and potential. Include an explanation of why you feel you are qualified to participate in the conference. Also, discuss your expectations of how this conference will enhance your leadership ability and potential as well as support you in reaching your educational goals.
* Essay Two: Personal Statement
Write a descriptive piece about goals, achievements, or obstacles you have encountered in your academic life. Explain why attending college is important to you. You can also write about your preferred colleges, area of study you would like to focus on or even about your career aspirations.